Toddlers… it’s hard to get them to eat anything! If your child is like mine, as soon as he/she gets into the carseat, in the play room, or even in the stroller ready to run, you hear “SNACK PLEASE SNACK PLEASE” over and over and over again until you give a snack! (Yes, I do have her saying please every time… very proud!!! I consider it a little victory.) It’s so easy to just break out the Goldfish (I’m guilty of it) and say here ya go!! And trust me, as a pregnant Mama, I understand the ease! BUT, there are some other healthier options you can give your kids on days you feel there has been enough Goldfish!
- Annies Organic Fruit Snacks – they are shaped like bunnies, taste delicious & a better alternative to the other fruit snacks available. I also like how the portion size is small because sometimes she just wants the novelty of having a snack & isn’t actually hungry to eat the whole thing. Granted, sometimes when she is hungry does she request two?? YES… but that’s ok!
- Clif Kids Bars – As a Clif Bar eater myself, when I saw they had an option for kids, I QUICKLY jumped on that bandwagon. These are organic, delicious & filling! Great for any time of day.
- Pirate Booty – Like white cheddar popcorn but less of a choking hazard!
- Apple Chips – I suggest getting “Bare Chips” or if you’re feeling adventurous, you could find some time to easily make them yourself!
- Veggie Straws – Veggie straws are awesome because they are delicious dipped in hummus or on their own! They also come in other tasty flavors – my favorite is Zesty Ranch!
Homemade Options… when you have a little extra energy!
- Smoothies – I combine frozen strawberries, banana, peanut butter & unsweetened vanilla almond milk for my girl & she absolutely loves it. Often, I’ll make extra and keep a 2nd in the fridge for the next day!
- Ants on a Log – Take a celery stalk & place peanut butter inside with yummy raisins on top! It’s fun to eat & healthy! Win – win!
- Apple Slices w/ nut butter of choice! – Warning… Your toddler may lick the nut butter off first & that’s OK!
- Fresh Fruit!! Enough said…